It should be noted that the console versions of Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden, and Persona 5 Royal were exclusively announced for Xbox Series, Xbox One, and PC via Microsoft Store for a 48-hour window before ATLUS confirmed the titles will be available for additional platforms such as PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam. Gematsu understands Persona 3 Reload will be available for multiple platforms.
Here is an overview of the game, via ATLUS:
Play the game like never before with a revamped battle system, cutting-edge graphics and gameplay, enhanced audio featuring all-new English voice-over, and much more. Dive into the Dark Hour and awaken the depths of your heart!
In addition to the announcement of the Persona 3 Reload game today, ATLUS is revealing an all-new English voice-over cast for numerous characters in the game. The cast revealed today, includes the following voice actors, listed in alphabetical order by in-game character name.
- Aigis (voiced by Dawn Bennett)
- Akihiko Sanada (voiced by Alejandro Saab)
- Fuuka Yamagishi (voiced by Suzie Yeung)
- Junpei Iori (voiced by Zeno Robinson)
- Ken Amada (voiced by Justine Lee)
- Mitsuru Kirij (voiced by Allegra Clark)
- Protagonist (voiced by Aleks Le)
- Shinjiro Aragaki (voiced by Justice Slocum)
- Yukari Takeba (voiced by Heather Gonzalez)
Step into the shoes of a transfer student thrust into an unexpected fate when entering the hour “hidden” between one day and the next. Awaken an incredible power and chase the mysteries of the Dark Hour, fight for your friends, and leave a mark on their memories forever.
Persona 3 Reload is a captivating reimagining of the genre-defining RPG, reborn for the modern era.
- Experience the pivotal game of the Persona series faithfully remade with cutting-edge graphics, modernized quality-of-life features, and signature stylish user interface.
- Fully immerse yourself in an emotional, gripping journey with new scenes, character interactions, and additional voiceover.
- Choose how to meaningfully spend each day through various activities from exploring the Port Island to forging genuine bonds with beloved characters.
- Build and command your optimal team to take down otherworldly Shadows and climb closer to the truth.
Speaking to IGN, Persona 3 Reload producer Ryota Niitsuma and chief director Kazuhisa Wada confirmed that the game will only feature content from the original release of Persona 3, and not content from Persona 3 FES or Persona 3 Portable.
“So first I’d like to mention that since the basic concept of the Persona 3 remake was to remake the Persona 3, we don’t have the FES and Portable contents included,” Niitsuma said. “We wanted to really genuinely work on recreating the Persona 3 experience.
“So we can’t really go into the details at this point yet, but we have remade basically everything from scratch as for Persona 3 the original version,” Niitsuma said. “So we have newly recorded voices, we have new scenes and events. We also have both new and arranged music. We’ll be kind of releasing that information, following everything. So please look forward to that.”