Publisher tinyBuild and developer Casey Donnellan Games hvae announced Kill It With Fire 2, the science-fiction-inspired sequel to the first-person spider-hunter game. It will launch first in Early Access for PC via Steam in Q4 2023, followed by a full release across PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2024.
“If the spiders on Earth were scary, then the spiders awaiting termination among the cosmos are beyond horrifying,” said Kill It With Fire series solo developer Casey Donnellan in a press release. “This astronomically adventurous sequel explores the depths of the multiverse with new worlds, time travel, and a new story that eager exterminators will love!”
Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:
What has eight legs and wields command over the entire space-time continuum?
Spiders. WHY IS IT ALWAYS SPIDERS?
The one good thing about spiders used to be that they were an “Earth” problem. Now they’ve invaded the entire multiverse. But wherever there exist spiders, there exists those destined to face them down: The Exterminator. That’s you, by the way, so strap in, take a deep breath and plunge headlong into one of these convenient interdimensional portals.
We can’t always tell where or even when you’ll end up, but we can assure you that wherever you find yourself, your mission is very simple: Eradication. At any cost. That’s what we pay you for! You are being paid, right?
Utilize the latest advancements in cutting-edge multiverse technology and upgrades to hunt down the arachnids, then exploit their classic Achilles heel: FLAMES—or lead showers. Or earth-shattering kabooms, remote control vehicles, lasers… crushing under heavy objects… honestly, they’re pretty weak to most forms of violence.
- Scream like a big baby when a spider is lurking under your laser pistol.
- Murder that spider for startling you. You’re not a baby, it was the spider’s fault.
- Explore the depths of the multiverse from the Wild West to the very origins of spider-kind.
- Visit strange new worlds, discover new life and new civilizations… and absolutely obliterate them in the name of spider-murdering justice!
- Discover a brand new story told through the eyes of people not fortunate enough to own their own flamethrowers.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.