Publisher Ubisoft and developer Red Storm Entertainment have released the debut trailer, information, and screenshots for the recently annoucned Assassin’s Creed Nexus VR, which will launch for Quest 2 in 2023.
Here is an overview of the game, via Ubisoft:
Become the Assassin in Assassin’s Creed Nexus VR. Embody legendary Assassins Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Kassandra, and Connor in an all-new Assassin’s Creed story built exclusively for virtual reality. Parkour and climb freely across open maps in Renaissance Italy, Colonial America, and Ancient Greece as you decide how to achieve your objectives. Use real-world motions to thrust your blade, throw your axe, and wield your bow in combat against a variety of enemies. Move stealthily, hiding within the environment or blending in amongst civilians. Experience the rush of air assassinations and the thrilling leap of faith as you immerse yourself in the world of Assassin’s Creed like never before.
Abstergo Industries has found a way to retrieve powerful lost artifacts that can profile anyone via their lifetime of memories, and then use those profiles to manipulate their beliefs. To sabotage their plan, you’ll step into history, uncover all-new stories, and accomplish missions as past Assassins Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Connor, and Kassandra. Play a pivotal role in history as you parkour freely through the maps, interact with civilians and historical figures, and save the future from Abstergo Industries’ quest for control.
- Become Three Iconic Master Assassins – For the first time in franchise history, step into the world of Assassin’s Creed and play in first-person. Embody legendary Assassins Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Assassin’s Creed II), Kassandra (Assassin’s Creed Odyssey), and Connor (Assassin’s Creed III) as you discover untold chapters of each Assassin’s story. Encounter familiar faces such as Leonardo Da Vinci in the Italian Renaissance, as you uncover a story full of harrowing conflict, stolen treasure and revenge. In Ancient Greece, play a central role in an intense struggle during the time when the “Thirty Tyrants” brutally rule Athens. During the American Revolution, get caught up in a world of espionage, intrigue and betrayal.
- Explore and Parkour Freely – Explore iconic historical cities including Venice, Athens, Colonial Boston and more. Embark on quests with the autonomy to decide the best way to achieve your objectives. The campaign features open map environments with 360-degree navigation, allowing you to feel the exhilaration of the fluid and immersive parkour system. Meet and interact with civilians and historical figures, all of whom react to your virtual reality actions. Climb and parkour freely throughout the maps as you explore history like never before.
- Intuitive Combat Using Real-World Actions – Engage in realistic combat moves as you use your hands to block, parry, counterattack, and duel a variety of enemies. A wide range of weapons including bow and arrows, the Hidden Blade, swords, tomahawk, throwing knives, crossbow, and smoke bombs attach to your full-body avatar. Distract enemies by throwing objects found in the environment or use the comprehensive stealth system to evade them. Hide and sneak, or blend into a crowd of civilians to escape from sight. Use the environment to your tactical advantage and feel the exhilaration of surprising adversaries from above with air assassinations.
- Virtual Reality Excellence and Innovation – Exclusively designed to maximize the power and capabilities of the Meta Quest 2, featuring:
- Full body, actionable avatar with a variety of holstered weapons, all usable via hand tracking.
- Immersive cinematics make you a part of the story.
- Large open maps that can be fully climbed and parkoured.
- A dense living world of civilians and enemies designed to react to the player’s virtual reality actions.
- An innovative suite of comfort options including dynamic peripheral vision blocking, teleportation (including climbing and parkour), and more can be turned on to deliver a true action game for players of all types of virtual reality sensitivities.
Watch the announcement trailer below. View the first screenshots at the gallery.